Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Garden Lit Up



The last pictures I posted were also snowy. It seems that winter has started a little early here in Kincardine and looks like it will stay. Not the snow that melts and comes again and melts and so on till Christmas time or January when it finally stays for a while.

The pictures I posted in Snow Gardens were taken after a week of snowfall and one overnight dumping. There was so much snow I had a difficult time getting to my front planters to remove the fall decorations. When I did get to them, they were so frozen solid I couldn't get anything out or put my winter greenery in.

Then came the milder temps and the rains and by the next weekend some of the snow had melted and my planters were thawed out. It was a mad dash to clean them out and get the greenery in. The newly purchased lighted branches would actually be installed! Thank you Mother Nature.

So, last night when we went outside to watch the Santa Claus parade pass in front of our house, I took a couple of shots of the finished product. Considering the wind was howling and it was snowing like crazy (again) this picture turned out okay.




No comments: