Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Waiting...

The tulips in our yard are scattered here and there. I always thought that some day I would gather them all together for a big spring show but maybe I should just leave them where they are?
For some reason which I haven't quite figured out, our tulips are always later than the ones I see blooming everywhere else. Is it due to the amount of sunlight they get (or don't get), a microclimate thing, the soil or maybe it is the type of tulip? Whatever the reason, they are always worth waiting for. And waiting...
Stay tuned

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, it's so exciting waiting for those early buds to fully open. It's interesting how many microclimates there can be around a yard. I have some iris that only bloom for 2 weeks each; yet they are in bloom for 6 weeks total because of the different exposures around the garden.